Get Your Own Visitor Globe!

Friday, September 11, 2009

The 911 memorial print.




This is a special lithograph of a painting and piece of poetry I did the week following the 911 attacks. Recently I pulled it out and added a new element to it - all the names of the dead, listed in the background. If you would like a copy of the print, contact me. It won't cost you much. These are all museum-quality, archival prints - poster-sized. They won't fade or discolor for more than 70 years.

I did the piece of poetry immediately after finishing the painting. I do all my poetry that way - and then change nothing. This is the only piece of art i have ever gone back to and added material - in this case, the names of the dead. Adding the names last month brought all the feelings of that terrible time back to me. It was very hard to work on this painting the second time around.

-dave
Blackstarfish@cableone.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to see something which will pick up your spirits?

Have a look at this link if you're feeling a bit down...

Blog Farm

”The